Here is what you’ll need!
How To Turn A Carrot Into A Recorder
Large drill bit
1. Slice the top of your large carrot.
2. Using a large drill bit, drill straight down into the carrot as far as you can go.
3. Slice into the carrot about an inch down from the top. The cut should go about a third of the way through the carrot.
4. About and inch and a half down (4 cm) from the cut, slice diagonally into the carrot creating a wedge-shaped piece.
5. Insert a baby carrot that fits snugly up to the second hole. Slice it off so it sits flush with the top.
6. Take out the piece of baby carrot, and slice it diagonally longways creating a wedge shape.
7. Insert it back in the hole thicker side first.
8. Drill three holes on the side of the carrot for different tones.
9. To play, cover all the holes and blow, letting air through one hole at a time.
10. Enjoy your beautiful carrot music!
Check us out on Facebook! – facebook.com/buzzfeednifty
Happy Flute Skip
Licensed via Warner Chappell Production Music Inc.
Research: Daniel Younathan Inspired by: Andrew Huang https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ro8xEvYLR_Q&t=160s