The iPhone Favorites list in the Phone app offers a fast way to dial “favorite” contacts. The Favorites contact list is undeniably convenient, and you may decide you want to change what numbers are shown here or who are in that favorites list. A friend recently asked how to remove an iPhone favorite from their contacts list without removing it from their phone completely, and that’s exactly what we’ll show you how to do here.
It’s very easy to remove a favorite from the Favorite contacts list on iPhone, here is all you need to do:
How to Remove a Contact from iPhone Favorites List
This will not delete the contact from the phone or the general contacts list, it only removes the contact from the Favorites list in Phone app:
- Open the “Phone” app on iPhone then choose the “Favorites” tab
- Tap the “Edit” button in the corner
- Tap the red (-) minus button next to the favorite contact you’d like to remove from the Favorites list
- Now tap the red “Delete” button that appears to remove that contact from the favorites list
- Repeat with other contacts as desired, when finished tap “Done”
As mentioned before, this only removes the contact from the Favorites list, it does not remove the contact from the iPhone or iCloud.
If you accidentally removed a contact from Favorites that you’d like to re-add, bringing them back is just as easy. To add a new favorite to the Favorites list, just hit the + plus button in the Favorites app to browse the contact list and choose who to add.